By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles and concepts of forensic accounting and auditing.
- Identify and analyze financial irregularities and fraud indicators.
- Apply forensic accounting techniques to uncover fraudulent activities.
- Enhance their capacity for conducting effective forensic investigations and evidence gathering.
- Gain an understanding of the relevant laws and regulations.
This practical and results-oriented webinar is based on adult learning concept. It incorporates short inspiring lectures with captivating PowerPoint slides to enhance learning; ongoing discussions with action planning; and ample time for Q&A to reinforce key concepts within a fun learning environment.
The Forensic Accounting webinar is designed for:
- Auditors and internal control officers.
- Accounting and finance professionals.
- Compliance officers and risk managers.
- Forensic investigators and law enforcement personnel.
- Legal professionals involved in financial litigation.
1. Overview of Forensic Accounting
- Fundamentals of forensic accounting practices
- Synopsis of white-collar crimes
- Types of corporate fraud
- Psychology of the fraudster profile
- Different theories of fraud
2. Fraud Examination and Investigation
- The essentials of fraud examinations
- Fraud risk assessment and prevention strategies
- Investigation techniques and methodologies
- Gathering and preserving evidence
- Whistle blowing
3. Money Laundering and Asset Tracing
- Money laundering techniques and typologies
- Tracing and recovering illicit assets
- Anti-money laundering regulations and compliance
1. Forensic accounting techniques
- Overview of data-driven fraud analysis techniques
- Understanding the analysis of data based on Newcomb-Benford’s law
- Forensic data analytics
- Interviewing techniques and interrogation
- Forensic audit techniques
2. Computer Forensics and Digital Evidence
- Digital evidence collection and preservation
- Computer forensic tools and techniques
- Analyzing electronic evidence in forensic investigations
3. Applicable laws and regulations
- Legal framework and regulations related to forensic accounting
- Ethical standards and professional conduct in forensic investigations
- Roles and responsibilities of forensic experts