Common reasons for mistaking that an account is compromised
- I can’t login: is it possible you’ve forgotten your password? Or that you’re entering the wrong email? You can initiate a password reset by following these steps.
- I received an email from Udemy saying my password has been reset, but I didn’t request a password reset: as a means to help ensure the security of accounts, password resets may be initiated by Ricasi Consultancy Limited. The email will explicitly state that RTDC has reset your password as a precautionary measure, and this does not indicate that your account has been compromised. When Ricasi Consultancy Limited initiates a password reset we send a notification from the following email address: [email protected].
- I can’t find my courses: could you have created more than one account by accident? This article includes troubleshooting steps you can take to locate your missing courses.
Reasons to take further action to secure your account
- You received an email from us that your email has been changed and you didn’t change it.
- You received a notification that your account’s password has been changed and you didn’t change it (note: this is different from a password reset notification from Ricasi Consultancy Limited that is explained above).
- Your account information has been changed but you didn’t change it (i.e.: your name, new credit cards were added, etc.)
- You’ve received notifications for purchases on RTDC that you didn’t authorize.
- Other activity was attributed to you in your account that you didn’t initiate (i.e.: direct messages, Q&A comments etc.).
If you have seen or have been notified of any of the above, then please do the following:
- Immediately request a password reset email by following these steps. If you do not receive the password reset message within an hour, please check your spam folder. Also, please be sure the [email protected] email is added to your safe sender list. If you do not receive a password reset email, and are unable to set a new password, then please contact RTDC Support.
- If the email address you have registered with RTDC has been changed in your account, and you can’t initiate a password reset, then immediately contact RTDC Support.
- Make sure the email address you registered with RTDC is secure.
- If you have received notifications of unauthorized purchases on RTDC, please contact RTDC Support as well as your financial institution or credit card company.
Keeping your account secure
Ricasi Consultancy Limited has security protocols in place to help keep your account secure. Accounts can become compromised, however, if an individual has gained access to your login credentials through fraudulent activities, like for example, a phishing scam.
For tips on how to keep your account secure, please click here.