This article explains how you can set up your instructor account and take your first step to publishing a course on the RTDC platform! There is no fee to open or to maintain an instructor account.
What you need to create an instructor account
- An email address where you can receive emails.
- If you plan to create a paid course and receive payments for your course, you will need an MPESA, PayPal, Payoneer or bank account.
Steps to create an instructor account
1. If you have a student account, send an email to our Support Team for assistance.
2. If you do not have an account, go to https://rtdc.ricasi-consultancy.co.ke/become-a-teacher on your browser.
3. Scroll down the page to the Becoming An Instructor sub topic then click login in the left of the screen.
4. Scroll down the page to register.
5. As part of the review process, you will receive an email with a link to a Content Creator Verification form that you are required to complete.
6. After the review process, you will receive an email confirming that your request to become an instructor has been accepted.
Setting up your profile
Follow this link for more information on how to set up your profile.
Learn more about our quality standards for Content Creator profiles.
How to collaboratively create a course
We are always looking for new ways to leverage our instructors’ innovation by providing instructors with creative freedom – whether by finding new ways for them to create great content or tap into other instructors expertise to grow their business.
If you choose to collaborate with multiple people to create or manage a course, each person should create their own account. Instructors can can add co-instructors when they create or edit courses in the instructor’s backend interface.
To add a co-instructor, scroll down to the Course Setting Tab, Click on the Author Tab and then on the Co-instructors Tab. The system will generate a drop down list of all registered instructors. Scroll down the drop down list and select your co-instructors.
Go to Publish Tab and click on Update.
Keep in mind that any accounts which are to receive a share of the revenue must become registered as an instructor. For additional information, please see our Co-Instructructor Rules and Guidelines.
How to create an instructor account as a business
You can also open an instructor account as a company or organization. The process for opening an account is the same as above. However, the instructor will indicate company’s name in the Display Name Tab and use a company approved email.
Please note, however, that we may need to reach out to an authorized representative of your company during the Content Creator Identity verification process to confirm the association.
Once you have opened an account and filled out your profile, it is time to proceed to creating a course. For information on how to create a course please see How To Create A Course.